If you like Italian cuisine, you will definitely enjoy the homemade Italian bread called focaccia. I recommend using Italian plain flour instead of classic plain flour. It does not stick so much, it is denser and there is a difference in taste. Another variant is any organic smooth flour from DM. You can use this Italian bread as a side dish to many dishes, a pizza base or as a sandwich bread.
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 500 g plain flour (preferably Italian)
- 400 ml of water
- 20 g of fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Seedless black olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- 100 g Cubettini mozzarella (Galbani brand) or grated mozzarella
- Fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- First, mix lukewarm water with yeast in a bowl. Put plain flour in a large bowl, add a handful of thyme, oregano, a tablespoon of salt and pour in the water in which we dissolved the yeast. Gradually add water so that a soft dough is formed, it should not be too stiff. Pour olive oil into the bowl so that the dough does not stick and cover the bowl with a cloth and let it stand warm for 20 to 30 minutes so that the dough rises properly.
- When the dough rises, place it on a baking sheet with baking paper smeared with olive oil and make a pancake. Put sliced olives, cherry tomatoes on the pancake, sprinkle with mozzarella, thyme, oregano spices, lightly salt, drizzle with olive oil and cover again with a cloth and leave to rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- When the dough rises on the baking sheet, place it in a preheated oven at 200 to 220 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes until the dough is browned.
- Once the homemade focaccia is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a while. Then we can cut it and serve it with soup, spreads or just wine. Enjoy your meal.